A quick Internet search for “senior discounts” leads to many pages with long lists of businesses that offer them. But many of those lists are outdated, or claim to offer a discount for all stores when it’s really just a local business that provides that coupon. In an effort to get more accurate information, TotalHomeCareSupplies.com has checked on all the businesses mentioned below. If the information wasn’t available on the company’s website, we reached out to them via social media. We can’t guarantee any of these offers, but we have tried our best to create an accurate list. Be sure to bookmark this page as we will be adding more discounts as we find them!
And don’t forget, you can find great savings on TotalHomeCareSupplies.com, no matter your age! Check out our Promotions page for our current coupons.
*Note: Each link will take you to either the business’ home page, or the page that lists their senior discount, if that exists.
Cell Phone Plans:
- Sprint – Sprint offers several phones that are easy to use for customers with hearing or vision loss, along with a “smartphone experience” offer called “Active Senior ID pack.”
- AT&T – Their Senior Nation 200 plans are dependent on your location.
- Jitterbug – Senior friendly phones and plans, starting at $15/month.
- Verizon – Nationwide 65 Plus Plans: 200 anytime minutes for $29.99/month.
- Perkins – 55 Plus All Day Breakfast, and discounts on lunch and dinner. Every day.
- Shoney’s – “The Shoney’s Golden Age Club is exclusively for adults age 60 and older. Shoney’s Golden Age Club Discount Card entitles you to a 10% discount on all regular menu items.”
- Bob’s Big Boy – Discounts vary by location, but in general should be around 10% off for those 55 and over.
- Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes: Family Friendly Salad Bar & Buffet – We asked on Twitter about their senior discounts, and received this answer: “Mon-Thurs from 2-5pm, Ages 60+ can a meal for $7.49 & that includes a drink! During other times, they can receive 10% off.”
- Country Kitchen – Offers a “Senior and Lighter Fare Menu: For our special guest 55 and over and those with lighter appetites.”
- Boston Market – We checked in with Boston Market about their senior discount policy and received this answer: “Boston Market offers a 10% discount to all seniors for food, though this promotion is not valid for catering orders.” Over 65.
- Arby’s – We checked in with Arby’s and received this answer: “Senior discounts may vary by area/location, therefore please be sure to call and check with your local Arby’s restaurant for this information.”
- Fazoli’s – Smaller portions with a side salad for seniors.
- Ponderosa Steakhouse – Ponderosa has a special senior menu.
- Golden Corral – Senior Early Bird Special, M-F 2-4PM, 60+, for $7.49
- Denny’s – Offers a discounted over 55 menu, and AARP members save 15% on their entire check every day.
- Carrows – Carrows has a “Golden 55” menu: “Value-priced entrees for our guests 55 and above.”
- Subway – Most locations offer a 10% discount for those over 60, that cannot be combined with another offer.
- CiCi’s Pizza – From their FAQs, regarding senior discounts: “Many of our stores do offer discounts. However, since most of our stores are individually owned, discounts vary from location to location. We suggest contacting your local CiCi’s to inquire about discounts offered at their specific store.”
- IHOP – Guests over 55 can enjoy special senior meals at special prices.
- The Old Spaghetti Factory – Offers a senior menu. “Our senior Complete Meal offers a smaller-portioned entree served with hot fresh baked bread, soup or a crisp green salad with a choice of dressing, coffee, hot tea, iced tea or milk, and our signature spumoni ice cream for dessert.”
- Bennigan’s – We checked in with Bennigan’s about senior savings and received this answer: “Some locations might, but we do not have a SS [senior savings] deal across the board.”
- Ben & Jerry’s – We checked in with Ben & Jerry’s and received this answer: “Some of our scoop shops may do that. Most of them are independently owned, and it’s their call on discounts like this. Thanks.”
- Sizzler – Offers an “Honored Guest” menu, for ages 60 & over.
- Corky’s Homestyle Kitchen & Bakery – Features a Senior Frequent Diner Club Card and a Senior Menu.
- Pep Boys – “Pep Boys provides a 10% discount every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for customers 55 or older with valid ID. Offer available in store only.”
- Oil Express – The Cincinnati area Oil Expresses offer a senior citizen special: AARP and American Seniors Association members save 25% on Wednesdays and Sundays. Coupon necessary.
- Jiffy Lube – “Some Jiffy Lube® service centers offer a senior citizens’ discount, but this discount varies from region to region. Please call ahead to your local Jiffy Lube® to determine if a discount is available. For contact information, use the Find A Location link at the top of every page.”
- Midaway Pro Auto, Inc. in Chicago – They encourage you to ask about their senior discounts.
- AAA – Offers numerous traffic safety and educational programs such as: Online Training Courses, Senior Mobility Expos and Events, and Senior Educational Resources
Home and Garden:
- Armstrong Garden Centers – “Senior Day: Save 10% on all regular-priced merchandise every Wednesday if you’re at least 60 years old. Sod, gift cards and sale prices excluded.”
- Sky Nursery – Based in Seattle. “Every Wednesday is Senior Day! To honor our senior gardeners, we offer a 10% discount on all regularly priced store merchandise and plants. Sorry, sale items, bulk delivery and gift cards are not included. Cannot be combined with coupons.”
- Holiday Inn – “Seniors enjoy a leisurely and comfortable atmosphere at our hotels, and if you are 62 years of age or older you will also enjoy our Senior Discount.”
- Marriott Hotels – Those over 62 can save 15% or more on their stay.
- Hampton Inn & Suites – “Seniors save up to 10%.” Ages 65+. “ust book online and indicate that you’re using the Seniors Rate, and make sure to bring your valid ID when you check in. And get ready to smile about all the great amenities we’re known for — a free hot breakfast, a clean and fresh Hampton bed®, our trademark friendly service and so much more, all backed by the 100% Hampton Guarantee®.”
- Best Western – “AARP® members and guests 55 and older receive senior discounts on room rates at Best Western hotels around the world.”
- Hyatt Hotels – Senior Citizen Travel Rates: “Seniors save up to 50% on our Hyatt Daily Rate at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the continental U.S. and Canada.”
- Choice Hotels – “If you are 60+ or an AARP member, you’ll save up to 10% with advance reservations. Just request the Senior Rate* when you call 800-4CHOICE (800-424-6423).”
- Myrtle Beach Resorts – “We are happy to provide our senior citizens a 10% Discount on Most Daily and Weekly Rates for condominiums rented and occupied by persons over 55 years.”
- Motel 6 – We asked Motel 6 about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Motel 6 still offers a 60plus senior discount.”
- Cinemark – “Seniors Day – All Day on Participating Day, Any Movie, Any Showtime. One ﬁlm/showtime per ticket purchased. Each ticket purchased for Seniors Day showings are at the Seniors Day discount price. RealD 3D showtimes – Seniors Day price plus Premium. Seniors Day Price not valid for Cinemark XD, Xtreme, IMAX and Special Engagements.” At participating locations.
- AMC Theaters – Those over 60 can purchase Senior Discount tickets, the amount discounted varies by location.
- USGS – Those over 62 can obtain a “Senior Pass” – “A $10.00 lifetime pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.” There are also additional benefits.
- Regal Cinemas – “Regal Entertainment Group’s policy for a Senior Citizen’s ticket is age 60 and over.”
- Aquarium of the Pacific – Seniors over 62 receive between a $3 to $4 discount for different types of tickets, and that discount can be combined with 10% off when using your AAA card.
- Town and Country Bowling Lanes in Oregon – This alley has Senior Leagues and discounts.
- ArcLight Cinemas – Those over 60 usually save about $1.25 on their tickets, at all times.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not – “If you are over 55, buy one ticket to any of our St. Augustine Ripley Attractions and get one for $10!”
- Bealls – “Every Tuesday: 50 & Fabulous. If you are 50 years or better save an extra 15% in-store only.” They do say ID is required.
- Belk’s – On the first Tuesday of every month, seniors 55+ enjoy “exclusive savings.”
- CJ Banks | Christopher & Banks – We asked CJ Banks about their senior discounts, and received this response: “We offer a 55+ Advantage discount of 10% on Wednesdays that is valid in both our Christopher & Banks and CJ Banks stores.”
- Kohl’s – Every Wednesday, 15% off for those over 60. They ask you have identification.
- Banana Republic: We checked in with Banana Republic and received this answer: “Customers 62 + can receive a 10% discount in stores. This discount cannot be combined with other offers.”
- Goodwill – Each store offers different discounts, but generally it’s around a 15% discount everyday, with extra savings one day a week.
- Hallmark – We asked Hallmark about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Most of our stores are independently owned, so that would be a decision made at store level.” So be sure to check your local Hallmark.
- Kmart – We asked Kmart about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Discounts in that capacity are offered on an individual store level. Please contact your local store for details.”
- Albertsons – We checked in with Albertsons and received this answer: “Certain select locations do offer a Senior Discount on the first Wednesday of every month. We recommend that our customers check with their local store to see if the discount is offered.”
- Entenmann’s – Depending on the location, most Entenmann’s Bakery Outlets have one or two senior discount days for those over 60. See your local outlet for details.
- Fry’s Food Stores – We asked Fry’s about their senior discounts, and received this response: “We offer a senior discount of 10% on the first Wednesday of every month for ‘Senior Day.'”
- Gristedes – We asked Gristedes about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Some of our stores do, but not all of them.” So be sure to check in with your neighborhood store to find out.
- Harris Teeter – “Club 60 – Every Thursday we offer seniors 60 and older a 5% Discount!”
- Hy-Vee – Some stores have Senior Citizen Club cards where those 55 and over can receive 5% off during a day of the week (day varies by location).
- Kroger – Kroger recently made changes to their senior discount policy. For many stores, the discounts are now on a weekly schedule instead of monthly, and are generally around 5%.
- Publix – We asked Publix about their senior discounts, and received this response: “We offer senior discounts in our stores in TN, NC and northern parts of AL, SC and GA on Wed. for customers 60 and older.”
- Uncle Giuseppe’s Marketplace – “To show our appreciation to all of our valued senior customers, Uncle Giuseppe’s gives a special 5% discount every Wednesday to customers 65 and over! Excludes sale items and catering.”
- Safeway – We asked Safeway about their senior discounts, and received this response: “[A senior] discount may vary from store to store. We recommend contacting your local store for more information.”
- Greyhound – “Greyhound passengers age 62 and older may request a 5 percent discount on unrestricted passenger fares. Appropriate ID may be required.”
- Amtrak – “Amtrak travelers 62 years of age and over are eligible to receive a 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains.”
- American Airlines – “American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® may offer Senior Fares in some domestic markets for seniors 65 years or older. For further information, please call American Airlines Reservations at 1-800-433-7300.”
- United Airlines – “United offers senior fares to selected travel destinations for passengers who are 65 and older. Ask for more details on these great fares when you make your reservation or select the seniors (age 65 and older) category when you make your booking on united.com.”
- Southwest Airlines – “Travelers 65 years of age or over may get details on fares, limitations, and any restrictions regarding reservations on southwest.com from a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative or a travel agent. Fares are subject to change until tickets are purchased, but Senior Fares are fully refundable.” More details available – click on link to see them.
- Alamo – We asked Alamo about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Alamo currently offers senior benefits through select organizations.”
- Hertz – Special deals are available for 50 Plus Renters.
- Metro – The public transportation system in Los Angeles offers seniors up to an 80% discount on their fares.
- YMCA – Senior membership discounts are provided at most locations for those over 65.
- SilverSneakers.com – “Get fit your way. Work out when, where and how you want with the nation’s leading exercise program for active older adults.”
- Therapeutic Living, LLC | Therapeutic Massage & Premium Skin Care – “Senior citizens age 65+ receive 20% off any massage session.”
- Rite Aid – Offers a whole wellness65+ program, that has 20% off in-store and online on Wednesdays.
- Walgreens – Once a month, Walgreens offers a 20% discount day to those over 55.
- CVS – Veterans “Save 20% every time you shop online at CVS.com and in store at your local CVS/pharmacy. You’ll also receive FREE shipping on your online orders” “You’re eligible to receive Veterans Advantage discounts if you’ve served in any branch of service or during any period of service, both wartime and peacetime. Next of kin — spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter — also can join.”
- Great Clips – We asked Great Clips about their senior discounts, and received this response: “Many Great Clips salons offer senior discounts. The owner would set their policy.”