- Laughter reduces stress and combats depression. During a hearty fit of laughter, stress hormones cortisone, dopamine, and adrenaline are replaced by positive endorphins and neurotransmitters. This flood of positive hormones reduces stress and fights depression at the same time.
- Laughter invigorates the immune system. Laughter activates your body’s release of antihistamines, T-cells and natural antibodies. In other words, laughter actually helps fight infections and strengthens your immune system.
- Laughter improves learning and memory. It’s pretty straightforward: we WANT to remember things we enjoy! Did you have a favorite teacher growing up? Did they make you laugh, and make learning fun? Laughter improves both learning and information retention.
- Laughter protects the heart. Laughing can be a cardiovascular workout. It increases blood flow and raises blood oxygen levels. This reduces the risk of heart attack, improves your cardiovascular health, and reduces blood pressure.
- Laughter’s a great workout. Did you know that 100-200 belly laughs a day are the equivalent of a high impact workout? You can burn up to 500 calories a day with some serious gut-wrenching guffaws! Looks like there’s more than one way to build a six pack…
- Laughter improves sleep quality. When we’re dealing with high levels of stress and anxiety, our sleep suffers. Reducing stress hormones with daily doses of laughter not only creates a more positive attitude – it also reduces insomnia and improves the quality of your sleep.
- Laughter relieves pain. Think of laughter like a healthy painkiller, but without the side effects. Laughter distracts the mind from pain, and rewards it with positive endorphins.
- Laughter gets the creative juices flowing. How often do you wrestle with a problem for days, only to find that as soon as you relax and do something fun, the solution comes to you? Laughter helps to break you out of your thought cycle, getting the creative juices flowing.
- Laughter renews energy. When you laugh, your body and mind relax and recharge. Have you ever noticed a renewed burst of energy after laughing with friends? That’s because laughter is a muscle relaxant. While your stomach muscles contract, the rest of your muscles relax. Laugh, relax, and refresh your energy naturally!
- Laughter is a relationship saver. Sharing a sense of humor tends to bring people together. Laughing together can smooth over awkward social interactions and lighten the mood. Whether it’s friendship or love, lots of laughter is a sign of a healthy relationship.
For more health information and useful tools, please visit our Resources Blog on TotalHomeCareSupplies.com. For brand-name incontinence, ostomy, urological or wound supplies, visit our Total Home Care Supplies web store! Fast, Free, Discreet shipping on all orders over $40.
Care More. Spend Less. Save Now.